Squeegee Sharpener - Fimor (Encore) Diamond Short-Cut
Call for Quote
THIS IS A SLOW SHIP ITEM
DIAMOND WHEEL SHARPENER Serilor® SHORT-CUT 120V
The small format, manual precision sharpener for squeegees 20” (51cm) or less. This portable table-top design fits anywhere and comes equipped with a single industrial strength diamond sharpening wheel.
* Diamond wheel warranty - 5 years for normal use - 110V
MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS:SHARPENING LENGTH: DSC-020 - 20”(51cm).
SHARPENING PROFILE: A single straight/square-edge wheel is supplied as standard (other profiles and custom wheels available).
DIAMOND WHEEL GRIT: #120 supplied standard (other grit sizes available). MATERIAL REMOVAL: Recommended rate not more than 0.0025’’ (0.05-0.10mm) in a single pass.
BLADE HEIGHT TOLERANCE: +/- 0.006’’ (0.15mm) measured from end to end. POWER REQUIREMENT: DSC-020 = 115-120v AC 2Amp;
PHYSICAL SIZE: Table top unit: Length: 30”(76cm) Height: 14”(36cm) Width: 12”’(30cm).
• Sharpens a wide range of squeegee materials (some materials sharpen better than others*), including single and multiple durometer.
• Uniform grinding pressure and adjustment for material removal.
• Secures squeegee by the blade during sharpening.
• Accommodates various squeegee holders.
• Includes one industrial strength diamond wheels with a 5-year warranty against diamond wear with normal use.
*BEFORE SHARPENING A SQUEEGEE, consider the quality and age of the material as well as how clean it is. !
1. Identify the type of material. Different squeegee blades sharpen differently. Most polyurethane, neoprene, and rubber blades sharpen well. A few, however, are made with special formulations that impart very high abrasion resistance. Such blades may take a long time to sharpen and overheat during the process. Others have thermo-plastic fillers added for ease of fabrication and sharpening. These may melt at relatively low temperatures. If you have such problems or questions about your material, please contact us. 2. Check for aging of the material. Most polyurethane squeegees will experience modifications to their physical characteristics with time. Signs of aging include: changed durometer, lost resilience, and lowered melting point. When this happens, the squeegee will tend to melt onto the sharpening wheel or show a fractured edge after sharpening.