Baselayr X1620 LED Exposure Unit - 16x20in
- LED enhances the amount/levels of possible details captured compared to UV bulbs
- LED light sources exposes screens quickly and creates a harder, more durable stencil for better on-press longevity
- LED bulbs consume less energy and last more than 10,000 hours, so you don’t have to replace them as often
LED bulbs are the new standard for exposure units. Their spectrum of light output and wattage speeds up the screen-making process and improves the quality of the stencil. With the X1620 LED Exposure Unit, printers will see incredible results at an entry-level price.
The X1620 uses the same high output LED bulbs manufactured specifically for exposure units. These LED bulbs output the same optimal UV wavelength (405nm), which can be used on all types of emulsion. LED bulbs will last more than 10,000 hours, which is better for the printer and the environment.
The optically clear glass in the X1620 lets more than 99% of the UV light through without disruption to the wavelength. The exposure unit will burn screens faster compared to spiral UV bulbs. With a dialed-in darkroom and screens that have been coated and dried properly, printers can push more detail resolution compared to traditional UV bulbs. The X-Series are designed to perform.
The X1620 is a compression exposure unit. To get the best results, proper compression is key. Once the screen and styrofoam are in place, put a piece of plywood to help evenly disperse the weight across the entire screen for optimal detail development. Put weight on top, like a gallon of white ink. Do not exceed 15 lbs.
When you’re learning to coat screens and dial in your darkroom, an emulsion like Baselayr Long Lasting would work best. If your darkroom is light-safe, dry, warm; you’ve perfected your techniques of coating and drying screens; and you’ve nailed compressing the screen properly, it is possible to use pre-sensitized emulsions like Baselayr Complete or Baselayr Plastisol.
Everything starts and ends in the darkroom. Build a solid foundation from the screen up with the X1620 today.
- LED bulb technology
- Lightweight laser cut and formed aluminum frame
- Designed for 16"x20" frames, but works up to 20"x24" OD frames
- Note the edge of a larger frame will hang off the edges of the exposure unit along with some of the emulsion
- Push button on/off operation (No timer)
- 6-foot, 3-prong power cord
- Includes a styrofoam pad for easy, on-contact exposing
- Three-year limited warranty (please see manual for details)
- Made in the USA
- 21 Step Exposure Calculator ($19.99 value)
- 3x-5x faster exposure times compared to spiral UV bulbs
- LED light sources exposes screens quickly
- LED enhances the amount/levels of possible details captured
- LED creates a harder, more durable stencil, providing better on-press longevity
- Low power consumption
- Small footprint
- Unit dimensions: 16.5”(W) x 20.5”(L) x 5.5”(H)
- Optical clear glass: 16" x 20"
- Recommended frame size OD: 16”x20”
- Max frame size OD: 20" x 24"
- 3 T8 LED 405nm tube bulbs designed for screen exposure
- UV wattage: 60 watts
- Voltage: 115v (standard household current)
- Standard 110v 3-prong plug
- On/off functionality
- Shipping dimensions: 19"(W) x 23"(L) x 9"(H)
- Ship Weight: 22 lbs (9.97 kg)